I’ve been saying all day that I’m on day 34…I’m thankful I’m blogging because Apparently this is helping me keep track!
Today I was in the mood for something that was the color orange for some reason…so I made Orange Garden Juice
I also made gazpacho juice but added some fresh basil and rosemary from my garden.
For anyone considering juicing, I can’t stress enough the importance of support…and it’s amazing what kind of support is available on Facebook from complete strangers! Even if you are considering a juice fast at some point but not ready now, I suggest you join a couple of juicing groups and read the posts for a bit…a ton of information is shared! One of the groups is called 60 day reboot Another is called The juicy details- juicing 101 I came across these groups because Julie , who has a wonderful blog worth reading, posted in a closed group I’m a part of and she mentioned these groups to me.
Today something was shared by a really wonderful and kind-hearted woman named Mara. She is seeing amazing results on her juice fast and posted a list of her tips. when she has a public blog, I will update this post with a link. With her permission, I am sharing it here:
****Update – please click to check out Mara’s Blog. She is so authentic and has many more tips
Mara Monahan’s Juicing Tips
I have had so many people private message me for help, tips, advice, that I finally compiled a list of what has worked for ME to share with you here. Everyone is different (and I’m sure this doesn’t cover everything), but I thought maybe those of you who are struggling or are new to juicing may get a thing or two from this list that will help you. Blessings!
1. If you haven’t started fasting yet, build up to it by slowly cutting out the bad stuff (processed food, alcohol, caffeine, dairy, fat) and start adding in more fruits and veggies. Replace one meal a day with juice for a week, and then 2 meals a day for another week. I had NO detox symptoms at all when I did it this way.
2. Make sure you are drinking enough juice. I drink a gallon a day – 32 ounces for breakfast lunch and dinner. And one gallon of water a day as well.
3. Try to only drink fruit juices in the morning so you have the whole day to burn off the sugar.
4. I do enemas once a week (coffee enemas) and I take Cascara Segrada (you can get it at Walmart for $7-8/bottle) and that keeps things “moving” along.
5. If you get hungry, make more juice!
6. Learn to recognize the difference between hunger and cravings. If you have cravings, do something to distract yourself – go for a walk, write to a friend, take a bubble bath, whatever.
7. Try not to watch too much tv or movies. They are loaded with scenes of people eating & junk food commercials!
8. Journal or start a blog. It helps to talk things out – 99% of this thing is mental!!
9. Surround yourself with people who will be supportive. I actually promised my kids $1 for every pound they helped me lose (I’m going broke!).
10. Make a list of all the reasons you are doing this. It should be at least 10 items long – I think I have 25. Then when you feel like you are going to cave or give in, refer back to the list. It helps to remember all the reasons you are doing it, instead of focusing on what you are depriving yourself of.
11. Weigh yourself no more than once a week – otherwise you are going to feel let down on the days you don’t lose, or don’t lose what you thought you should have. And keep track of your loss in other ways like how your clothes fit or how many inches you’ve lost.
12. Watch as many food documentaries as you can (not the chef-cooking-a-gourmet-meal kind either! The kind that educates you on how food works in your body to heal or destroy, and how food is manufactured, grown and/or processed in this country). They are so motivational and you will learn how to eat when you are done with your fast.
13. Make a plan NOW for how you will transition out of your fast. There’s lots of info on the net about this – the last thing you want to do is run out and grab a burger the day you get done. You can make yourself seriously sick if you aren’t careful.
14. Enjoy the process! This is time you have set aside for yourself, to heal your body, and treat it to all the nutrients, vitamins and minerals it can hold! You deserve it and try to think of it as a treat instead of a chore.
15. (Added by Troye) Make sure that every time you leave the house, you take enough juice with you to get you through the rest of your day in a small cooler and also keep a couple of bags of herbal tea on you at all times (this way if you find yourself in an unexpected social situation, you are prepared).